Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Boeing 747 Cake

So my dad wanted a Boeing 747 cake for his big 60th birthday....why? Well he's always liked to travel and secretly aspired to be a pilot, so I guess that's why. Well I don't get to pick what I make usually so I began...
It started off as a vanilla and chocolate cake, because well who doesn't love the two anyhow? Then they got iced over and a few pieces of fondant to complete the body mold. The wings were made of gumpaste and hardened overnight...then my wonderful husband decided to put them on wax paper for transport....so they began to regain moisture and sag again!
 Oy ve!
Here's me trying to fix it in my parent's kitchen....and it made it just long enough for some pictures and singing birthday songs and blowing out candles...Happy Birthday Papi!




No comments:

Post a Comment