Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pink and Blue Poodle Cake



So it's Sofia's birthday party time again and she was set on having a poodle cake even though I told her I had already done one for her 1st birthday....well, she was adamant especially since she has a real poodle dog. The twist, she wanted pink and blue, so once again I had to fabricate some of her decorations etc. The idea was a "three" tiered cake being achieved by placing a cake pedestal on top of another with cupcakes on the bottom tier. Then an 8" and a 6" cake cake on top. A cute, albeit pudgy poodle on top with a swirly S in fondant.
We found lots of blue and pink things to coordinate and some poppy red to make it all stand out. 
I also made the little pink S (which I'm planning on hanging in her room) along with the banner.

The happy birthday girl and mommy!


No comments:

Post a Comment