Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ninjaga Cake

I was asked by a friend to make a Legos Ninjaga cake for her little brother's birthday party. I really liked the inspiration she provided me with so I got ready to make the cake for them. The inspiration photo was a drawing of three little lego ninjas on this rising earth terrain covered in tree roots and breaking ground battling a skull looking creature. So I decided to recreate part of the picture. The cake was a very tall two layer yellow vanilla cake with a dreamy chocolate buttercream recipe that is my new favorite. I sculpted the little ninjas from fondant and gumpaste mixture and hand painted their faces and dragon motifs. The cake looks fairly simple when it was all said and done, but each little guy took forever to make! I think I need to work a little further on my sculpting skills with fondant, it seems the smaller they are, the harder is is....and also the larger they are, the more apt they are to fall apart!



No comments:

Post a Comment